What are the types of removable dentures?
The types of removable dentures are discussed below:
- Immediate Dentures:In this, the dentures are placed immediately after tooth extraction, providing a new set of teeth right away and giving time to make the necessary adjustment.
- Transitional Partial Dentures:These removable plastic dentures act as a temporary tooth replacement.
- Removable Partial Dentures (RPDs): Removable partial dentures are made of cast Vitallium. They are less obtrusive and much lighter than the ones made out of plastic. They have a great fit and are affordable.
How to care for your dentures?
To care for your dentures, follow the steps below:
- Visit a dentist to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Use a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles to brush your dentures daily inside and outside as well.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpaste, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse them with cold water.
- Do not place your dentures in hot water, as they can warp.
- You will have to get your denture checked regularly for worn teeth.
- If you wear worn or stained dentures, then you might look older, and they will also function poorly.
- Tell the dentist about any medications you may consume.
- Make sure to visit the dentist as per your scheduled appointments.
- If you have loose dentures, get them checked as soon as possible. This may cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When dentures are not in use, cover them with water, or with the help of a denture-cleaning solution, to prevent them from getting dried out.
You can call us at (908) 277-0171, or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Grimaldi for a consultation on Removable Dentures at our office in Summit, NJ.